<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

A Few Words on Tolkien 

Today I'm buried under a mountain of essays for my senior seminar on The Lord of the Rings. My impressions of teaching such a course are for another time, except to complain about the unavailability of resources to help the students understand what they are reading. Although there is a wealth of publication out there, even the good stuff is not held in most university libraries. Thus I welcome the soon-to-be published journal Tolkien Studies. You can see the brochure here. I look forward to the presence of a readily available scholarly journal changing the way I teach Tolkien in the future.

I spent my little "blog time" today reading the web logs of other medievalists to find out what is out there and to start engaging in some of the dialogue features of blogging. I'll be putting up a few links in a day or two.

Comments: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?