<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Hell Day 

Today is Thursday, Hell day, the day I teach four courses and hold two hours of office hours. I arrive at work at 9 am and leave at 7 pm (arrive home at 7:30 to 8:00). I’m told we’re not technically allowed to teach four courses in a day, but it’s done regularly, probably because spreading out the teaching only means that we end up with no large chunks of time to do any work. In my case, I end up so exhausted that I need a day to recover, and the effect is the same. I wish I could do better for my students. The university wants to become more learning centred; what it really needs is for its teachers (and students) to be less overtaxed. Well, there’s time only for seven sentences; I’m off to the next task.

Comments: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?