<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

The Life of Brian 

By a curious coincidence, an item in today's news relates to my first two substantive entries, The Passion of Christ and Harrius Potter. Rainbow Pictures is to re-release Monty Python's The Life of Brian in honour of its twenty-fifth anniversary. An article in the BBC Web site quotes the distributor as expressing the hope that the film would "serve as an antidote to all the hysteria about Mel's movie". I can't help but hope that the famous "We are all individuals" scene will counteract the urge to interact with people based on generalised and stereotyped (and often ignorant) notions. Of course, the scene where Brian's attempt to write graffiti ('Romanes Eunt Domus') also highlights the dismal lack of training people get in Latin (and grammar) in this country.

This week has seen the first time that I have been separated from my wife Camille since we got married (she's on a business trip to the Bay Area). I miss her terribly. Being apart sucks. Well, I'll take a note from 'The Life of Brian: 'Always look on the bright side of life...'

Comments: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?